Remember that you can treat many minor ailments such as colds, coughs and indigestion by keeping a well-stocked medicine cabinet at home. We suggest you keep the following:
* Paracetamol and aspirin (children under 16 and people with asthma should not take aspirin)
* Mild laxatives & anti-diarrhoeal medicines
* Rehydration mixture
* Indigestion remedy (for example, antacids)
* Travel sickness tablets
* Sunscreen – SPF15 or higher & Sunburn treatment (for example, calamine)
* Tweezers and sharp scissors
* A thermometer
* A selection of plasters, non- absorbent cotton wool, elastic bandages and dressings.
* Keep the medicine chest in a secure, locked place out of reach of small children.
* Always read the instructions and use the suggested dose
* Watch expiry dates – don’t keep or use medicines past their sell-by date
* Take all unwanted and out-of-date medicines back to the pharmacy
Self Care Leaflet